A1QA conducted functional and performance testing before the customer presented the product to the end client. During the first part of the project (~13 months), A1QA team mainly focused on functional testing. During the remaining part of the project A1QA engineers shifted their focus to load testing.
The product under test was an electronic document management system for a credit department of a large commercial bank. The system consisted of several individual components running on separate servers.
It supported integration with other corporate systems of the bank and such business processes as conversion of documents to PDF, storing electronic versions of documents, working with confidential documents using a digital signature, etc.
A1QA established a QA process that included:
- Determining the reasons for defects that were difficult to reproduce
- Defining requirements that were not documented
- Creating high-quality test documentation
- Establishing effective communication with the customer.
Except for testing the team successfully performed the number of other important and urgent tasks connected with technical writing, analysis, and development.
The customer was satisfied with the results provided by the A1QA specialists.
- Functional Testing
- Load Testing
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
- Atlassian JIRA
- Apache JMeter
- Oracle Database
- Navicat for Oracle
- MS Internet Explorer
- MS Project
- MS Excel
- Visual Studio
- IBM FileNet R8
- RHEL Server release 6.3
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
Negative feedback from the bank about the product quality:
- Specialists performed complex internal functional testing of the system before the builds were released.
Lack of scripts for system optimization and load testing:
- The team prepared scripts to define system bottlenecks and find out methods of system optimization.
25man-months of project efforts
20months of project duration
2QA engineers on the project
313test cases executed