“We must admire the professionalism of the experienced engineers, the maturity of the processes, and the ability to be flexible on the project.”
Velcom is the leading East European telecom operator, serving over 4.8 M subscribers, both private and corporate. Since Nov. 2007, Velcom has been a member of Telekom Austria Group (TAG).
A1QA specialists were to provide quality assurance for the successful integration of OSS/BSS.
The main business objectives were to accelerate time to market, foster marketing innovations, increase client loyalty, support internal customer technological service, raise ARPU, improve business process planning, integrate new system modules, and support client services.
During the project fulfillment the A1QA team:
- Provided consulting services
- Set up testing environment
- Developed the necessary testing approach
- Elaborated end-to-end test cases
- Performed the required verifications
- Trained the customer's employees.
- Acceptance Testing
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
- Oracle Database
- Corba Soap
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
- Poorly established testing approach. Setup of test environment and bug-tracking tools.
- No test cases in place. Development of a testing model and test cases.
- Unprepared environment for acceptance procedures. Design of end-to-end acceptance testing scripts.
- Lack of system technical documentation. Preparation of acceptance testing documentation and user manuals.
100%compliance with the pre-defined testing roadmap
45months of project duration
77515person-hours in project efforts
4711written test cases
5full-time QA engineers
10technology seminars for Velcom Billing Support team