A subsidiary of an international banking holding company and an EBRD partner with 290 offices and more than 400,000 clients urgently needed to update its personal Loan Origination System (LOS).
The existing IT solution that automated the analysis and eligibility check of incoming loan requests was running out of capacity and was expected to malfunction under high load.
a1qa was asked to investigate problems and deliver an expert assessment of investments into the LOS architecture that would guarantee the required level of performance. Major points were to improve financial services and increase client loyalty.
To check the LOS performance under high load conditions, a1qa used different parameters, such as requests processing, user and system actions duration, and the number of simultaneous users. The goal was to find out what load the legacy system can withstand and what hardware architecture is needed to handle the anticipated load.
Stress testing activities involved the following tasks:
- Identification of extreme values in the number of incoming loan applications that the system can process correctly
- Research of technical bottlenecks of the existing infrastructure
- Technical analysis and identification of dependencies between the system’s performance and the number of simultaneous users and processed loan applications
- Examination of the system’s post-stress regeneration ability.
SYSTEM RESISTANCE TESTING
The goal of stability testing was to prove the system’s efficiency in high load cases for the long term, and to make sure that the hardware met performance requirements.
a1qa performed the following activities:
- Testing and analysis of data impact on the system’s productivity
- Assessment of upcoming investments into hardware updates necessary to support the required performance level in a long term perspective
- Review of the system’s capability to process mass import of loan applications.
SYSTEM RECOVERY SPEED EVALUATION
The goals of application productivity restoration tests were:
- To test the system’s speed and ability to recover after stress cases and unexpected fails
- To evaluate data corruption and loss probabilities
- To work out a set of recommendations for data recovery in case of malfunction or failure.
a1qa test automation experts developed a huge set of LoadRunner scripts (covering workflow dependencies realization, cross-script data synchronization, test documents, and scans generation) to emulate the full cycle of loan applications processing.
With a1qa assistance the client was able to deliver better quality service to its end customers across all their distributed offices.
- Performance testing
- Test automation
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
- HP LoadRunner
- EMC Documenation
- Oracle Application Server
- Oracle Database
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
Restricted access to several system modules:
- The a1qa team emulated missing features for recreation of the full cycle of data flow process.
8person-months in project efforts
745active simultaneous system users after testing
4months in project duration
625loan application per hour after testing
Get the best QA news and tips delivered to your inbox!
We’ll send you one newsletter a month, jam-packed with amazing QA offers, hottest industry news, and all kinds of Software Testing goodness.