'From the very beginning, we were pleased that A1QA managed to meet our high requirements for manual testing engineers' technical skills and expertise. All engineers that were added by A1QA into the project were very result-oriented, smart, and communicable. Despite the huge variety of functions that had to be tested and project integration with third-party systems, the engineers successfully coped with all the tasks.'
The customer had three automation platforms that allowed small hosters and large telecommunication enterprises to go to market with speed and at a competitive cost. A1QA specialists were responsible for testing all of the company's key solutions.
The company assembled the dedicated team that fully committed to the project needs. Initially there were two software testing engineers from A1QA side.
The project lasted for more than 2 years and as A1QA specialists proved their professionalism and deserved the customer's confidence, the team was scaled to 8 specialists.
The project was technically complicated due to a great number of embedded features and integration with third-party systems. For the A1QA team it was challenging to learn all the features as there was no proper technical documentation.
To ensure systematic and complete test coverage, all tests cases were thoroughly planned and well documented.
All testing deliverables (reports, bugs, etc.) were documented in details. A1QA regularly reported on the status of the performed works.
A1QA responsibilities included the following:
- Processing the end users' trouble tickets (reproducing defects in test environment, defining whether the problems were on the end user's or customer's side, submitting defects and checking their fixing)
- Hotfixes testing (checking that all hotfix defects were eliminated, validating that the hotfix could be correctly installed without crashing the app)
- Assuring quality of 4 major releases and over 10 minor releases.
- Functional Testing
- Cross-Browser Testing
- GUI Testing
- Hotfix Testing
- Regression Testing
TECHNOLOGIES & TOOLS
- Windows Server 2012
- Atlassian JIRA
- MS Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- SQL Server
- Apache JMeter
CHALLENGES AND SOLUTIONS
From time to time the customer asked to scale the team and assign new specialists with the right set of skills within tight timeline. Each candidate for the project was expected to prepare a CV and have an interview with the customer:
- A1QA gathered all customer's requirements and started to train specialists for the project's needs in advance. By doing this, the company ensured a number of extra specialists who could join the project in no time upon request.
It was challenging to obtain the data needed for QA due to the obstructed communication with the customer's distributed team:
- To get the necessary information for completing testing activities, the A1QA team identified contact persons on the customer's side and addressed them when it was needed.
The customer's workflow differed from the generally accepted:
- A1QA specialists displayed flexibility and harmoniously fit into the customer's workflow.
2.5years of project duration
4major releases verified
8engineers on the project
100%compliance with the project timeline
10minor releases verified